Thursday, November 3, 2011

What happened to me?

Hey everybody! I haven't been posting these last months for several reasons, partly being really busy, but primarily because I've started gearing up to get back into school. Let me tell you something. I've been trying to get my BA degree for 20 years! I met with an advisor today who actually said, "Twenty years is a long time to work on a BA degree." I laughed. He took only 10 years to finish his. Anyway, it's been a busy summer and fall, taking classes to meet admissions requirements, and I'm thrilled to say I got admitted to San Francisco State University, I'll be starting in January full-time, quitting my job, to go study art with an emphasis on textiles. I'm SUPER excited! I wish you were looking at my face right now. If I could tell you all the serendipitous events that've allowed this to happen, I would actually write them out, but I can't because I can't think of them all right now, so I'll just say that the world is a beautiful place and the universe is full of infinite abundance. I've logged into blogger only a few times in the last months and the messages I've read inspired me to post some pictures and say hey wuz up.

I love these stars so much

I'm going to make twice as many

and alternate them with some solids

and who knows what else

I like not knowing what's coming

and figuring it out as I'm inspired

taking my time

and not rushing

I don't know when I'll post next but I do love this place and maybe next time I post it'll be some cool textile something I've made in school.

Take good care of yourselves and each other you people. 

17 comments:

  1. Congratulations. I hope you really enjoy it. I bet you're beaming from ear to ear. Ü xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound excited and jumping out of this post with joy! Congratulations and good luck with your new journey.
    These blocks look very happy too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear from you! Check in once in a while if you have time, Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fabric use!! Glad you are excited with your life. It shows. Check out this book for more inspiration: Medici Effect by Frans Johansson. Should be a local library.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! May the next 20 years of your journey be the happiest ever. Challenging, yes, but rewarding for sure. Love the stars. You have a knack for putting together some really interesting combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the best with your studies! You'll wow them with your color and fabric selections. You must have a most interesting fabric stash. I love the star blocks, too! And I can see why you want to keep on making more. Enjoyed your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrads. wish there was a school close enough and I was young enought to study textiles.. I think I missed my calling when I did college. I have a BS in criminal justice and never used it. workd for the phone company for 20yrs. I love your star blocks. Keep us posted on your doings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your acceptance. It took me 20 years too and it was so worth it to go back. My son did the same and just graduated with an Art major. The CSU system is the best! Love the fabrics in those stars.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how lovely!!!
    great to see you back....
    look forward to your next post.... however long it takes!!
    xo
    eva

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations & Good Luck!
    I've missed you & your exuberant quilts (LOVE the star blocks) but I'm glad you are in such a exciting place.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so funny Dan... I kept meaning to check my subscriptions because there was nothing from you. Then today I had the genius idea of actually just coming to your blog ..!!

    I'm pleased, so pleased, that the universe is throwing such wonderful things your way ... yay!

    I didn't get my BA until I was 39! You're gonna LOVE being a mature student! Woot!

    Happy Christmas and all that ...

    Sarah

    p.s. you'll have to blog a bit more next year, ok? We miss your take on pattern and colour xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. MERRY CHRISTMANS AND
    A HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi!!! I just found your blog today!!! I have had a wonderful visit!!! I love your artistic creativeness!!!! Thanks for the fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just stumbled upon your blog, I saw a pin on Pinterest, clicked it and discovered your blog. So good to see another man who sews! I've added your blog to my list of blogs I follow and look forward to see your projects. Best regards from the Netherlands, Gert

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yippie! I would love to do the same. I often think about it. I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just found your blog as I've been working on my stash creating my own wonky blocks. This pandemic has led me to retire, which means I have time to sew again. :) Hope you were able to finish your BA and fulfill that dream. It took me 30 years to get mine... but I kept chipping away at it! Never give up! Wishing you all the best. Thank you for sharing your work with us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!